Monday, July 31, 2017

10 Book Quotes Guaranteed to Make You Feel Feelings


10 Book Quotes Guaranteed to Make You Feel Feelings:

"It's not time to worry yet."
~
"The rain, it raineth every day."
~
"We shall meet in a place where there is no darkness."
~
"Kiss me, Hardy. Kiss me quick!"
~
“I have come home at last! This is my real country! I belong here. This is the land I have been looking for all my life, though I never knew it till now...Come further up, come further in!” 
~
"I have been loved," Edward told the stars.
~
“In this hour, I do not believe that any darkness will endure.” 
~
"Hey! Unto you a child is born!"
~
There was the sudden heart-stopping high-pitched whine of a siren, and the entire square fell silent, listening, and then--as they realized it was the all clear--erupted into cheers.
~
I'll pray, and then I'll sleep.

* * * * *

If these quotes don't make you feel feelings, perhaps you haven't read the books. Or maybe you're a monster. I'm not here to judge.

Do you have lines that always give your feelings a workout? Feel free to share. It's a rainy Monday morning, and I have a mug of hot coffee and a full box of tissues. 

Ruth's Feelings-Inducing Cheat Sheet:


Photo Credit

By Phillip Capper from Wellington, New Zealand [CC BY 2.0], via Wikimedia Commons



2 comments:

  1. I loved trying to guess where the quote came from. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you read the Connie Willis Oxford Time Travel cycle? I think you'd really love them. I recommend them in this order:

      The Doomsday Book
      To Say Nothing of the Dog
      Blackout
      All Clear

      Delete