Sunday, March 13, 2016

Annual Blog Hiatus: March 14-April 11, 2016




The time has come once again for my annual blog hiatus. For the next few weeks, I'll be resting my tired blogging muscle and gearing up for another year's worth of quality posts. In addition to working on some long-term (non-blogging) projects, I'll also use the break for long-range blogging development. My plan is to come back and hit you right between the eyes with an impressive new series. 

My readership is small but faithful. I'd like to thank each of you for turning up every week and weighing in; for laughing along at the ridiculousness, asking tough questions, and offering kind-hearted correction when needed. I still can't believe so many people care to read what I have to say. You consistent presence is a huge encouragement to me. 

If this past year of blogging has taught me anything, it's that no matter how hard I try to consider topics from every angle, I invariably miss something. That's what's so wonderful about blogging: unlike other writing mediums, readers weigh in consistently and immediately, letting me know when I've hit the mark, when I've misspoken, or when I'm completely off base. That non-stop feedback loop has done much to improve the quality of my writing. Thank you.

For those of you who visit the blog directly, know that the comments really get going over on Facebook, while the comment section over here remains a vast, desert wasteland. Feel free to change that. Weigh in any time through whatever method you're most comfortable: public comment, Facebook message, e-mail, Tweet, skywriting, subliminal message, paint-by-number, interpretive dance, Morse code, phone call, or text. I'd love to hear from you. 

Also! I'd like to offer a shout out to the regular international readers I've somehow accumulated from the Philippines, Bangladesh, Russia, Germany, France, New Zealand, Canada, the UK, UAE, and South Korea. I know who a few of you are, but the rest of you are a complete mystery. No matter how you stumbled across this space, I'm happy to have you along for the ride. 

See you in April! 

No comments:

Post a Comment