Thursday, September 16, 2010

Pumped Up for the Day

This morning after our daily staff meeting, as I was chatting with a co-worker, I heard my mother (who also teaches with us) saying to today's first-time substitute, "Oh, that's my daughter. She's working on her master's degree."

Unfortunately, at that very moment I was engaged in pretending to inflate my hairdo with a basketball pump that I'd found on my other co-worker's desk. I hadn't really been paying much attention to the conversation going on behind me until my co-worker interrupted me with, "Uh, turn around, they're talking about you," at which point I spun around with a goofy look on my face, still plying the basketball pump.

To her credit, the substitute greeted me and put out her hand as if she'd found me engaged in a deep philosophical debate rather than behaving in such a ridiculous manner. After she left, my friend mused aloud that perhaps she'd suspected that I'd been inflating my head rather than my hair.

My life = better than anything on TV.

1 comment: