Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fashion Parade

As packed as our schedules have been this week, we've missed more of the Olympics than we would have liked. So you can imagine our excitement as we looked forward to an entire evening at home tonight with just our jammies, the Olympic coverage, and a pot of nacho cheese. (Actually, half a pot. After all, it's Thursday.)

But wait... Did you notice the missing element in that list? That's right: nacho chips. Fortunately, we noticed our lack and rushed out right away to buy some chips before the games. I'd already gotten myself cozy for the night and my sister hadn't cleaned up from work yet.

We made quite a pair.

I sported my dad's hand-me-down vintage hoodie (circa 1970), two layers of soft-cotton sleep shirts (all three clashing shades of blue), black loose-legged sweat pants, and my favorite flip-flops over a pair of comfy white socks.

She marched along beside me, brown hair sticking out from under a camouflage baseball hat, a Chick-fil-A uniform polo shirt (leftover from her food service days) liberally flecked with horse hair, and her fawn breeches tucked into a set of knee-length black boots. Spurred, of course. To tie this fabulous ensemble together, she topped it all off with an out sized black windbreaker with the image of a leaping horse peeling off the back.

We're so fierce.

5 comments:

  1. You know the Grunge days are over, right? Please tell me your hair was in full alien mode.

    Also, flip-flops and SOCKS? Are we even ACQUAINTED?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know the Grunge days are over, right? Please tell me your hair was in full alien mode.

    Also, flip-flops and SOCKS? Are we even ACQUAINTED?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know the Grunge days are over, right? Please tell me your hair was in full alien mode.

    Also, flip-flops and SOCKS? Are we even ACQUAINTED?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of COURSE I had a full-on alien head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NOT IMPRESSED with the multiple comments posted after it told ME it couldn't veryify my identity. I was totally holding my driver's license up to the screen and everything.

    ReplyDelete