Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Gift That Keeps on Giving

The director of my community choir was not feeling well earlier this month, so went to see his doctor. "Merry Christmas," his doctor said, "You have shingles."

Ever since then, I've been working on a very special Christmas present for The Director. I decided to write him his very own holiday song.

Titles I have considered thus far:

"Shingle Bells"
"It's Beginning to Feel a Lot Like Shingles"
"Deck the Halls with Steroid Ointment"
"I'll Stay Home with Shingles"
"Scratchin' Around the Christmas Tree"

All catchy titles, but how can I resist the alluring possibilities represented in "The Twelve Days of Shingles"?

2 comments:

  1. I still think "It's Beginning to Feel a Lot Like Shingles" would get my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I Saw Mommy Picking Shingles Scabs"

    ...Too much?

    ReplyDelete